A small vintage automobile garage inspection light from the 1930s, by the Lucas factory. Originally this would have worked off the power from a 6 volt glass accumulator battery and have been used for illuminating the engine bay, or underside, of a motor vehicle so work could be carried out. It has now been converted for 240V use, and a 15 watt pygmy bulb (due to the small size of the casing). Original patinated brass body with bakelite handle knob.
It emanates a low soft light so not really suitable as a work lamp but hung on a wall or ceiling hook, would offer a subtle ambient light to a dark corner. A lovely reminder of early automobile history. Comes with 2.5m of Italian silk-covered plaited cable. CHAIN NOT INCLUDED.
H: 27cm W: 5cm
Seller Contact No
+44 (0)1579 344647
+44 (0)7952 346678